Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Current evening routine


I always loved skincare products, especially the ones designed for nighttime. But, ever since I discovered balm cleansers, I really came to enjoy it even more. Mainly because if you cleanse properly, the products applied afterwards work more efficiently. Just for reference, my skin fits into the combination category  mostly normal, with very dry, flaky patches here and there and an oily nose.
Depending on the amount of make-up I'm wearing, I start off by removing the upper layer with Bioderma Sensibio/Créaline H2O on a cotton pad (or two). Not being too fussy about it, since I'm going to cleanse with a balm anyway. The balm in question is Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm. As the name states, it is amazing. It removes every little trace of dirt and clingy mascara, leaving the skin perfectly clean, without being squeaky clean, which I appreciate. I take a small amount, work it between my hands until it turns into an oil. Then, I apply it on dry skin, on my face and neck, massaging well  but gently around the eyes  and remove it with a warm (tepid) cloth. Next, I apply a toner, and this could be either my all time favourite Caudalie Beauty Elixir or, one I've been enjoying lately, Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist, which is very soothing and ideal for normal to combination skin types. Oh, and it smells like rose water, which I love. The only thing I'd change is the mist, it's not as fine as the Caudalie one, but it's not the worst I've tried.
Continuing the process, for the eye area I start with the Ole Henriksen Truth Is In The Eyes peel, which I talked about here. After it gets absorbed, I pop on some Clarins Special Eye Contour Balm. On the rest of the face, I usually apply the Clinique Turnaround Radiance Moisturizer or Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Sometimes, if I feel like I need some extra balancing, I layer a drop of Clarins Lotus Oil. I warm it up between my hands and pat it on the T-zone. You really need one drop of this, so a bottle will last a long, long time. 
That's pretty much it, with a few changes here and there, when testing out new products. But for now, this is my nighttime beauty arsenal. Right, I'm off to doing just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment