Saturday, January 12, 2013

Empties #1


Right, so, products I've used up. I guess I'm gonna have to save up those empties for the sake of blogging! My mum was weirded out by the fact that I was saving them, especially because I'm usually eager to finish stuff up so that I can throw away my old products and my make room for new ones! Any excuse to get new stuff, right?



So, I'm going to start with Bioderma Sensibio (or Créaline) H2O. I know this is a hyped up product in the blogging/vlogging world, but trust me when I say that it is worth the hype! Now, I know some people use this as a morning/nighttime cleanser, but I really wouldn't recommend it for that. Unless you just want to refresh during the day. This micellar water is really good for make-up removal, even waterproof mascaras and liners. This range of Bioderma products is aimed for sensitive skin, which is why I tried this out in the first place, seeing that I'm included in that category. I've seen lots of people, with different skin types using this product and none of them reacted to this. I'm in my fourth bottle of this, and I think this is one of those products that I'll always have. I haven't stopped trying out other make-up removers, because I'm always looking at new stuff, but nothing compares to this. Just try it!


Next, it's the Clinique Turnaround Radiance Moisturizer. Let me start by saying that this and the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair were the only nighttime products that I used and noticed a real difference in the first morning. I have combination skin, the real type of combination skin: dry patches on forehead, brows, eyes, around the lips and sides of the nose; oily on top of my nose; normal everywhere else. Because of this, usually I need different products to use on different areas, but since this cream is formulated for very dry to oily/combination skins, I used it on my whole face (except the eyes, for obvious reasons). It has exfolianting and resurfacing properties that optimize cell turnover, so my dry patches were smoother and felt my skin clean at the same time. And no oiliness to be seen on my nose. Also, it's really good to use in the winter months, when your skin has a dull appearance, it just gives back a healthy radiance to the skin. And if you like non-sticky creams that absorb quickly, you'll like this.


For fragrance, I discovered Burberry Body around christmas time in 2011. I ordered the coffret that has a 85ml bottle of eau de parfum and a body milk with the same size. The latter is still half full because I'm saving it up. Don't know why, it's a special occasion kind of idea – am I the only one who does this? But I've been using the EDP almost everyday since, so finished it up quickly and now I'm on my second bottle already. Since I ordered the coffret again, I'm going to start using that body milk, now.
I have to admit that I love the brand, so absolutely had to try it (and the bottle is really cool, which is always a bonus). When I looked more into the description and saw the notes, I just knew that it was perfect – delicate freesia, natural rose absolute, warm sandalwood and woody cashmeran? Approved! It was love at first sniff. For me this is the perfect scent to use all year around, because it has a nice balance of floral and warm notes. Also love the fact that it doesn't disappear throughout the day – hate when that happens. But, just in case, I carry a rollerball in my purse.


The final product is something that I'm guessing most of you already tried, or at least, heard about: Benefit They're Real mascara. First of all, I love the brush on this one. You can use it horizontally to coat most of your lashes and then vertically with the spiked sphere (it's kinda like Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes) on the outer corner, to give that flared effect. It doesn't clump and truly holds the curl while lengthening. The formula is really black and volumizing, so you get a nice defined eye, even when you're not wearing eyeliner. I've used three tubes of this already, that I alternated with others (because, as you know, I like to try out new stuff), but I always come back to this one. The only downside to this is that it's a bit more difficult to remove, if you only use a make-up remover. But, if you use a balm cleanser, it's easy-peasy. It's the most amazing mascara I've ever used. Ever. I doubt that you'll get that amount of definition and volume, at the same time, with one coat of any other mascara. And did I mention that it doesn't clump?


No comments:

Post a Comment