Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review | Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara



Today I'm sharing my experience with a new mascara I'm trying at the moment: Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara. I have to mention that I only got this one, because the one I was looking for was sold out, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Starting with the packaging, I quite like it. It's not super chic or cool, but it's sleek and clean, which I appreciate. It makes a click sound when properly closed and this is really useful, because I always apply mascara in a hurry – meaning I always close it in a hurry...
Now, the formula is quite "wet" and according to the sales person from Clinique, it doesn't dry out quickly. It's not as black as the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash, but then again, I haven't found any that could match it. Provides amazing volume and length, really opening up the eyes and making you look more awake! Builds up nicely, without clumping, and you can also apply more coats during the day, without making them totally crispy to the touch.
At the end of the day, it looks just as good as when I first applied it in the morning. It doesn't smudge or crumble onto the cheeks (really annoying, when that happens) and holds the curl quite well.
The brush has a wide diameter and short bristles – perfect for getting right into the roots of the lashes and working it in, for maximum volume.
The easiest way to remove it is with a balm and a warm cloth – just hold it against the lashes for ten seconds or so, and it will come right off!
Overall, I'm quite impressed by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment