Thursday, April 18, 2013

Empties #3



Okay, time for another empties post. Because I want to throw away some stuff. Hah!
This time, I have a couple of hair products, some skincare bits and a mascara — I'm pretty sure you know which one. Yep, it's the Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara. You can read a proper review here, though, I should add that when it gets to the point where it starts to dry out a bit, the formula gets a bit gloopy. Considering that the bristles are so small, it's not ideal. But, it's still a good mascara nonetheless.



Since said mascara is a bit hard to cleanse away, a pretty nice product to take it off with is MAC Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover. It's dual-phased — formulated with both water and oil —, so you have to shake it in order to combine the two. Removes every trace of make-up, whether it's oil-based or water-based, including stubborn mascaras (case in point) and lip stains. It's gentle and suitable for all skin types. Formulated with Cucumber extract and Damascus Rose water to soothe and refresh. If you prefer this type of cleanser that you pour into a cotton pad and wipe away, opposed to a balm or cream cleanser and a warm cloth, this is a good option, for sure. It's quick and easy. Just hold the cotton pads in place for a few seconds and then gently swipe the make-up off and rinse. Easy-peasy.



If your skin is oily or combination, and you know just how frustrating a shiny nose can be, I totally feel you. My skin is combination, but whenever I'm out and about, especially in the sun or somewhere with a powerful AC, my nose gets shiny in a few hours. Powders just don't do it for more than that period of time. Obviously, blotting tissue is my friend, but I also need some sort of primer to extend the need to blot and powder during the day. I have tried many, many of them, and still haven't found an amazing one that lasts all day. The best I've tried so far, was this Clinique Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control. I can't find it on the Clinique site/counters anymore, but I found it on Amazon (click here). It keeps shine at bay until mid-afternoon, which is pretty good, and it's very lightweight and colourless. Comes in a gel texture and goes on smoothly, leaving pores minimized and a velvety feel. Acts as a great primer under make-up and can be used over make-up, as well. Contains Salicydic Acid (which exfoliates the pores from the inside), Silica (to absorb shine), Witch Hazel (to tighten pores) and Clove Flower extract (to reduce oil production). Has quite a strong alcohol smell when you first squeeze it out, but goes away almost instantly, so it doesn't really bother me.
I was going to repurchase this, but since it has been discontinued, I got the Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector in Invisible Bright, instead. So far, so good. Goes on very smoothly, kinda like silicone.



Moving on to the hair department, I finished another bottle of Kérastase Nutritive Bain Satin 2. This shampoo is so rich and luxurious. If you have dry hair, you'll love this. The smell is incredible (redundant information, since it's Kérastase, duh!) and the formula is very, very creamy. I always let it stay for a couple of minutes before rinsing, to let the ingredients do their job. It's very moisturizing and provides a great level of nutrition, so the hair doesn't feel dry or dehydrated, even when you use harsh styling tools (ghd Styler, I'm looking at you!). Contains glucose, proteins and lipids to protect and repair the hair fiber. Just try it.



To close up, I'll end with a hair treatment — Goldwell DualSenses Rich Repair 60 Second Treatment. I was both skeptical and excited about the "60 Second" mention on the label. I don't have the patience to wait 15 minutes for a hair mask to work every time I wash my hair, especially on weekdays. Leaves hair feeling very soft and, most importantly, acts fast. The formula balances the lipid levels in the hair, making it supple and healthy looking. Definitely will repurchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment